Pages

September 14, 2011

BANANA BREAD

INGREDIENTS:
  • 4 ripe bananas
  • 1 c light brown sugar
  • 1/2 c oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1 c flour
  • 1 c wheat flour
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 c sour cream (the secret ingredient to moistness)
  • 1 Tbsp vanilla
DIRECTIONS:
Preheat over to 350. Grease & flour loaf pan. Mash bananas, add brown sugar, oil & egg... beat until smooth. Beat in flours, baking powder, baking soda & salt. Add sour cream & vanilla. Combine well. Bake about an hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center. Cool on wire rack.

WHY DID I MADE BANANA BREAD AT 5AM?
Henry, our Kindergartener, came in and pounced on me this morning at 3am. After laying in bed wide away for an hour listening to him snore & his whole body draped over me, I realized I couldn't get back to sleep. I futzed around on the computer for an hour, then decided to do something fun & spontaneous. I have 5 over ripe bananas, that I was about to throw away, but instead threw this together to make use of them. Yummy, it's starting to smell good already, I can't wait to see the kids reactions when they wake up!

No comments: