Pages

August 6, 2008

Chore Chart

 Here's my latest idea! I'm attempting to help myself out. We all have our daily duties, and the kids are great at doing their chores. But, never-endingly, I have found myself picking up random things the kids leave laying around the house. The center wheel on the chart will turn weekly, and each family member is responsible for keeping their area tidy. Ah, I'm so happy when I think of the possibilities this holds for me. I'll let ya know how it goes.

I'm sure this chart will be temporary, just a tool to help train us all to be mindful about doing our part. This technique joins the ranks with my Kindness Begins with Me jar that I had in our home a few years ago. That was fun! We put coins in a Mason Jar each time we caught someone in a random act of kindness. The goal was to have enough money to go out for Thrifty's ice-cream cones! My favorite part of that idea was sing the Primary song Kindness Begins with Me. Here are the words:

I want to be kind to everyone,
For that is right, you see.
So I say to myself,
"Remember this: Kindness begins with me."

I would sing and the kids would get out their musical instruments, then play and sing along. We are so goofy, and I love it! The Kindness jar served it's purpose, and was gone in about a year, but the memory & lessons learned are still there. I can sing the song, and all the children smile and giggle. I'll be sad if their's ever a day when I can't get them to sing it along with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK, I'm so inspired. That is a great, simple idea to get everyone involved. I'm doing it as soon as I get settled in at the end of the month! Love the new background. so, so cute and love the colors.