
A couple days ago, I was working around the house, and the kids asked if they could get a snack. I said they could, and went in a bit later to see if they needed help. I was so impressed. They had washed and cut some fruit, and made an arrangement on a plate. When the kids saw me, they asked, "Mom, would you like some of our fruit platter?" I was stunned. This was the first time I wasn't needed at snack time, and it feels great! I love having older kids. I love all the kids ages, but eight truly is great.
2 comments:
Dang, my kids go and grab junk if I don't cut up stuff for them. You just taught me they need to 'step it up' and so do I.
Smart kids! Now days kids get so used to other stuff they actually love the produce. It's really funny because my kids consider green peppers a special treat and beg for them when I buy them.
Post a Comment